I have lost 8 pounds! I am pretty excited about it even though I can't even tell.
I have learned a lot in 2 weeks of what food choices to make, what foods to avoid and what I was/am addicted to. I am learning new recipes and spice combos just to give my husband and I some variety in the limited food choices we have. Beyond Diet started me off on this journey and I am grateful for the help. (No they did not pay me to say that).
So let me share with you what has transpired in our world.
- We haven't eaten out in almost 3 weeks. That is the longest of our almost 20 year married life.
- We realized how much we loved food. Ice cream is missing us greatly.
- Our taste buds are actually changing.
- We feel weak some days which I am sure is the shock of no sugar in our diet.
- When we are allowed our cheat day, we actually physically feel bad afterwords. Our body is letting us know what is no longer good for us.
- We haven't cheated! Well, I guess we are because we do use creamer in our coffee but that is the only adjustment we felt the need to make. No one is going to alter our coffee time.
- We spend a lot of time prepping meals.
- I am a little tired of eating the same thing day in and day out.
- I do feel discouraged some days but I have to remind myself it took more than 10 years to get this fat and out of shape so I shouldn't expect a miracle in 3 weeks.
BUT... All that being said, I am still determined to go forward and lose more weight.