Saturday, February 1, 2014

I Have Been Robbed

I have been robbed. That is how I actually feel.

Not a feel good post I'm afraid.

I thought about the statement we hear so often and decided it applied to my life, or so I think.
I wasn't robbed of anything material, no house robbery or mugging.

I have been robbed of what could have been. 

Robbed of watching my granddaughters first word, her first step, her first walk, her first day of school. 


I have been robbed of birthday parties and the squeal of the perfect gift. 


I have been robbed of telling stories and reading them.
I have been robbed of boo-boos and chocolate hands.
I have been robbed of snuggling, tickling and hide and seek.

I have been robbed of pony tails and dress up play. 


I have been robbed of swing sets and monkey bars. 



I have been robbed of proms, graduation day. 



I have been robbed of her perfect wedding. 



I have been robbed of such special things.

With a robbery of material goods you can always replace them, buy newer, or never even miss them.

A memory cannot be replaced.

~ i love you forever my sweet sunshine lil C 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jenn. I can't even pretend to know your pain, but my heart aches for you. You have been robbed! May God's comfort somehow be enough for now until you see her again.

    ReplyDelete


I love reading all comments!!! Thank you for stopping by~