Monday, February 10, 2014

What Brings You Joy?

What is it that brings you joy?
 
It seems these days people are generally miserable. The hello's are less, the smiles are less and people don't seem quite as neighborly. Negativity is everywhere you turn. There is a lack of customer service toward the consumer. There is much impatience in traffic and grocery lines. Customers can be just plain rude.
 
Why? Why is stress and anxiety so rampant when there is much to be joyful about.
 
So I thought long and hard about the many things that bring me joy and hope perhaps that you find these thing warm your heart as well. If only we could find the good in each day, the wonder.
 
These are the simple things that warm my heart and bring great joy:
 
My husband, my lover and best friend- he makes me laugh, keeps me safe and shares life with me.
 
My dogs, who no matter how long I am away treat me like they are seeing me for the first time.
 
The Lord Jesus Christ, for he changed my life. I turned away from destruction and found perfect peace.
 
My family, who encourage me, remember me and make time for me.
 
My friends, who support me in all my crazy moods, my quirks and my failures.
 
Coffee, it brings relaxation and warmth in each and every day.
 
Cookies, yep cookies bring me joy.
 
A soft breeze that causes my wind chimes to make the most delightful noise.
 
The sunrise and sunset, a reminder of the depth of God's artistic wonder.
 
The giggle of a baby.
 
Flowers and blooming trees.
 
Autumn leaves and big snowflakes.
 
Beautiful songs and instruments.
 
Watching people hug, laugh and love on eachother.
 
I don't want to be that person in the check out line huffing and puffing or the person screaming in traffic. I don't want to walk by a stanger with a pout or a scowl.
 
I want to be the smiling, friendly one that brings warmth to another.
 
How about you?

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I find joy in time spent with my husband and when our sweet Izzy ( dog) snuggles up to me on the couch. I find joy in every day things, in my blog in the promise of a new day and... Great post. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete


I love reading all comments!!! Thank you for stopping by~